Appellate Law

If you believe the Judge made an error in your family law case, in a final judgment or final order, you may be able to correct these mistakes by filing an appeal. The appeal would address mistakes or misapplications of the law in the trial court’s decision. However, appellate courts may be hesitant to overturn a trial court’s decision absent an abuse of discretion or misapplication of the law. The process of filing an appeal involves strict adherence to procedures and deadlines that may commence as early as the first 15 days from the rendition of your final judgment or final order by the filing of a Motion for Rehearing, which may be required to preserve your arguments on appeal.

If you are unhappy with the results in your family law case, contact one of our knowledgeable Jacksonville family law attorneys immediately to evaluate the merits of your claim and likelihood of success on appeal.

Contact Us

Let us know how we can help.